Monday, October 15, 2018

And so to bed...

A lovely sunny Saturday down here in Essex, a pity about the Sunday though. I finally got the last bed frame put it and the new compost bin area finished.

This was a tricky one as the ground slopes differently on each side, but I'm not displeased with the results. Just the grass path at one end to sort out when I do the adjoining fruit bed. I still have the cross paths to do. Hopefully I'll get to those next week if the weather holds.



One compost bin is in its new home, the others can wait until I empty them again in the spring. I've only just moved them so I know there is nothing usable in them, seems like work for works sake to do it again now. Once they are all in place I'll mulch round them to keep the weeds down and let them do there thing for the year.

There are still a few things to pick, another rather nice Greyhound cabbage and a few chilli's. These are some slightly deformed Habanero and some Orange Wonder.


This may be the new shorter format for future posts, I'm still thinking about it though.

Happy gardening folks !!



2 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

I stick to a mixture of lengths for posts. Depends what I am writing about and how the fancy takes me, If I do write longer posts though I punctuate them with lots of photos.

Dicky said...

I agree with the photos Sue. I guess sometimes it depends how much you got done, and what changed.